Programme for 28th Multi-Service Networks workshop MSN 2016
Thursday, 7th July 2016
10:00 Registration and coffee
10:30 Welcome (Iain Phillips, Hamed Haddadi)
10:35 Session 1 (Chair: Iain Philips)
- Richard Clegg (I): Faces in the Clouds: Long-Duration, Multi-User, Cloud-Assisted Video Conferencing
- Maciek Konstantynowicz(Ci): The Fast Data Project (FD.io)
- Diana Andreea Popescu* (C): Network Measurements for Data Centres
- Jong Hun Han (C): Blueswitch: Enabling Provably Consistent Configuration of Network Switches
- Eder Leāo Fernandes* (Q): Horse: towards an SDN traffic dynamics simulator for large scale networks
- Nikola Gvozdiev* (U): Redirecting traffic spikes
12:15 Photos & Lunch at Cosener’s House
13:30 Session 2 (Chair: Andrew Moore)
- Neelakandan Manihatty Bojan* (C): Schedulers for Hybrid Data Center Network
- Morteza Kheirkhah (E): Low Latency MultiPath TCP
- Ioannis Psaras (U): KEBAPP: Keyword-Based Mobile Application Sharing
- Yousef Amar* (Q): Privacy-Aware Infrastructure for Managing Personal Data
- Lynne Salameh* (U): Frost: A webpage completion time analysis tool
- Marwan Fayed (St): Client-Driven Network-level QoE fairness for Encrypted `DASH-S’
15:45 Session 3 (Chair: Ian Wakeman)
- Noa Zilberman (C): Where Has My Time Gone?
- Nicholas Hart* (L): sBGP: A hybrid SDN approach to interdomain routing
- Hakim Weatherspoon (Co): Chupja–PHY Covert Channels: Can you see the Idles?
- Luigi Rizzo (P): A Fast and Practical Software Packet Scheduling Architecture
- Jon Crowcroft (C): The Alan Turing Inst. for Data Science – Systems!
17:00 Free time!
19:00 Pimms and Beer and 19:30 Dinner at Cosener’s House
Friday 8th July 2016
9:00 Session 4 (Chair: Peter Pietzuch)
- Thomas Dreibholz (S): NorNet — The Internet Testbed for Multi-Homed Systems
- Lyndon John Fawcett* (L): Fogify: Network Functions Virtualisation for the Fog
- Richard Cziva (G): Roaming vNFs at the Network Edge using Glasgow Network Functions
- Jie Deng* (Q): Profiling the Network Behaviour of Hadoop
- Stephen McQuistin (G): TCP Goes to Hollywood
- Aydin Rajaei* (Su): GSAF: Efficient and Flexible Geocasting for Opportunistic Networks
- Truong Khoa Phan (U): Optimising Performance of Xcast using SDN and NFV
11:15 Session 5 (Chair: Steve Uhlig)
- Timm Boettger* (Q): A Glimpse at the Internet Ecosystem through the Lens of the large video streaming platform
- Vishal Shrivastav* (Co): Globally Synchronized time via datacenter network
- Shan Huang* (Q): Detecting Middlebox Interference on Applications
- Jamie Bird* (L): Providing Resilience within NFV Infrastructures
- Steven Simpson (L): DDoS remediation with eBPF
- James Sterbenz (K): The Internet of Mobile Devices Sucks; The Internet of Things will be much Worse
13:00 Lunch & Brendan Murphy prize
Affiliation codes: C(ambridge), Ci(sco), Co (Cornell), E(dinburgh), G(lasgow), I(mperial), K (Kansas), L(ancaster), P (Pisa), Q(MUL), Si (Simula Research Laboratory), So(uthampton), St(irling), Su(ssex), U(CL)
*: PhD student talk.
We are pleased to have ACM SIGCOMM and CISCO as sponsors this year.
Bookings are now closed. Please contact Iain Philips if you wish to be put on the waiting list.