29th Multi-Service Networks workshop MSN 2017
Thursday, 22nd June 2017
10:00 Registration and coffee
10:30 Welcome (Iain Phillips, Hamed Haddadi)
10:35 Session 1 (Chair: Andrew Moore)
- Gareth Tyson (Q): Who’s fiddling with my bits?
- Jong Hun (C): Open Source Network Tester on NetFPGA-SUME platform
- Gianni Antichi (C):Classbench-ng: recasting classbench after a decade of network evolution
- Damilola Ibosiola* (Q): Video Pirates of the Cosnersbean
- Jared C. Saia (UNM): Distributed Computing with Channel Noise
12:15 Photos & Lunch at Cosener’s House
13:30 Session 2 (Chair: George Parisis)
- Ioannis Psaras (U): Feasibility of a User-Operated Mobile Content Distribution Network
- Wajdi Hajji* (Lo): Improving the network performance with NF intra-parallelisation
- Xenofon Foukas* (E): Towards Programmable and Virtualized Radio Access Networks
- Andres Arcia-Moret (C): Community mapping of TVWS: perspectives and challenges
- Steven Simpson (L): Bang! And the DDoS is gone
- Iain Philips (L): CommNet announcement
15:45 Session 3 (Chair: Tim Chown)
- Sebastian Robitzsch (I): Net Neutrality and Opportinities for 5G
- Amitabh Trehan (Lo): COSHER: Compact Self-Healing Routing
- Mark Handley (U): Rethinking the stack for high-performance video streaming
- Joel Obstfeld (Ci): Closing the loop – reactive networking
- Joel Obstfeld (Ci): BGP meets Big-data
17:00 Free time!
19:00 Pimms and Beer followed by dinner at Cosener’s House
Friday, 23rd June 2017
9:30 Session 4 (Chair: Colin Perkins)
- Nicholas Hart* (L): SDN in 1980s
- Bo Tan (Co): ThruMapper: Through-Wall Building Tomography with a Single Mapping Robot
- Fei Luo* (Q): Human activity classification and counting based on micro-Doppler signature
- Walla Al-Eidarous* (S): Opportunistic routing in extremely dense networks
- Hamed Haddadi (Q): Edge Analytics for Privacy & Performance
11:30 Session 5 (Chair: Ian Wakeman)
- Rémi Oudin* (ENS): OpenFlow Switch Performance Characterisation in Open Source
- Murali Ramanujam (C): Building an high performance CDN – an engineering perspective
- James P.G. Sterbenz (K):To the Cloud and Beyond! Back to the Future Again, and Again,..
- Andrew Moore (C): Reproducible Impact
- Srinivasan Keshav (W): SLIC: Smart Lighting Control
13:00 Lunch & Brendan Murphy prize
Affiliation codes: C(ambridge), Ci(sco), Co(ventry), E(dinburgh), ENS (Paris-Saclay), I(nterDigital Europe), K(ansas), L(ancaster), Lo(ughborough), Q(MUL), S(ussex), U(CL), UNM (University of New Mexico), W(aterloo)
*: PhD student talk.
We are pleased to have CISCO as a sponsor this year.
Registration is now closed as we have a waiting list. If you need to be put on the waiting list, then please get in touch with Iain
After registration, please register your talk request here.
Prices will be £240 for Staff inc. accommodation £130 for Staff without accommodation, £100 for Student, £100 for anyone on the day only rate, £80 for the Wednesday night accommodation if needed. Please register here (your username and password from last years will work fine)(We have a limited capacity for shared occupancy twin rooms. If you would like to make use of this, then please contact Iain. The cost will be the normal rate for one of the occupants and the day rate for the other)
NOTES on the booking system
- The software reserves a place for you the moment you select which type of delegate you are. If you don’t complete a purchase and don’t log out, then that space won’t be available for anyone else. Please log out or cancel you transaction if you can’t pay at the time.
- There should be 4 options, Staff and Student, with and without accommodation. At the moment all are available and if the one you want is not listed, then the system is lying. Email I.W.Phillips@lboro.ac.uk if this happens and I’ll fix it.
- You have to create an account, but don’t worry it will copy details from your account details to your booking at the click of the appropriate button.
- The person creating the account (e.g. an administrator) can book on behalf of several people at once.
- A credit card is needed, this makes things a whole lot simpler at our end.
- Dietary and access requirements can be entered at the appropriate stage. If you forget to, please email I.W.Phillips@lboro.ac.uk later.
- Spaces are limited (we all know how big/small the venue is), so we’d like to avoid too many registrations from a single institution, but at this stage only asking people to be sensible.
FAQ on the booking system
- none yet
Email me if you have any questions and I’ll update here as I can.